There is no greater feeling than “completing” someone. You wouldn’t think of it as much, but seeing “she completes me” written to your current partner’s ex really warms your heart. You know? Knowing that someone loves you with all their heart, forever and always, and knowing that they won’t give up on you-that’s really fucking special. I’ve found who I’ve been looking for. <3
Strong Families is a home for the 4 out of 5 people living in the US who do not live behind the picket fence—whose lives fall outside outdated notions of family, with a mom at home and a dad at work. While that life has never been the reality for most of our families, too many of the policies that affect us are based on this fantasy. From a lack of affordable childcare and afterschool programs, to immigration policy and marriage equality, the way we make policy and allocate resources needs to catch up to the way we live.
We see the trend of families defining themselves beyond the picket fence—across generation, race, gender, immigration status, and sexuality—as a powerful and promising development for the US, and we want to help policy makers catch up.
Our vision is that every family have the rights, recognition and resources it needs to thrive. We are engaging hundreds of organizations and thousands of individuals in our work to get there.
This will make you think about life.
1) The day my sister got back from the hospital after a suicide attempt. I didnt let go for about an hour.
2) Kid just found out his brother was shot and killed.
3) A Russian war veteran kneels beside the tank he spent the war in, now a monument.
4) Man sobbing at animal shelter. After being jailed briefly and his dog Buzz Lightyear impounded he couldn’t afford the $400 to get his pet back.
5) A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires that burned across Victoria, Australia, in 2009.
6) Alcoholic father with his son
7) Robert Peraza pauses at his son’s name on the 9/11 Memorial during the tenth anniversary ceremonies at the site of the World Trade Center.
8) Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her inside his destroyed home in Alabama following the Tornado in March, 2012
9) After two double lung transplants and years of battling cystic fibrosis, my good friend passed away last Saturday. This was one of the last pics taken with his mother.
This gave me the chills
I’m actually sobbing.
I met the guy in the last photo. He was a cool guy.
I tear up every time
One Direction singing ”I want it that way” in Sweden 5-8-13
PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THIS ISN’T REAL LIFE THERE ARE ACTUAL TEARS IN MY EYES
ONG I HAD TO REBLOG DUE TO PERSONAL SHIT!!! THIS IS SO FREAKY!!!!!!
WHAT ARE THEY TRYING TO DO TO US?! ARE THEY TRYING TO KILL US
um no thankyou
Had my headphones and full volume, almost died from a heart attack.